Monday, February 9, 2009

Blog Party!

I'm an analog guy in a digital world, so I'm a little late to the Blog Party!

This blog will highlight the "Telegram of the Week" or "Memorable Telegrams From the Past" or "Most Unusual Request" and keep you up-to-date with the goings on around Preppygrams Singing Telegrams. Costumes added, messengers coming, messengers going (Goodbye Haseena, enjoy Hawaii.....I'll miss you!) etc.,  etc.,  etc.

What it won't be is political ( at least for the time being). I'm not here to alienate my customers. There's no place for that on a business site.

I'll give an occasional "shout out" to those who deserve it. Like my webmaster, Scott at www.artwebsites.net    who is very supportive of artists, by the way.

Most of all, remember Mom's advice -- "if you can't say something nice about someone, don't say anything at all!" Please be respectful and nice when leaving a comment. I'd like a world with a little less negativity in it. 

After all, this is the happiest job one could ever have. A singing telegram is always ordered for a happy event; Birthdays, Anniversarys, I Love You, Marry Me, Congratulations, New Baby, etc.

People will forget what you said, and people will forget what you did, but people never forget how you  made them feel.

--Kerry  
Preppygrams

3 comments:

  1. Kerry: I think Mom's advice was long ago swamped by gossipy Alice Roosevelt's updating of it. She had one of her sitting-room sofa cushions embroidered with the motto: "If you can't say something nice about someone, come sit next to me."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can say that your telegrams have brought many smiles to my life and that of my family and friends!!!! At 52, I still remember you singing to my mother when she turned 40, long before you had the business, and your telegram for my 30th Birthday after you started Preppy Grams. I remember the wonderful day that your daughter was born and how much joy she has brought to all our lives!!! Even in this difficult economy a singing telegram is worth its weight in gold, it brings a smile to anyone’s face who is having a birthday that they thought they did not want to celebrate (like mine since turning 30, LOL) and it always makes a special occasion even more special with the wonderful memories you always include in your songs. Many others and I are so glad you continue to do what you love and make others lives happier by your efforts!!!
    Carolann Duncan

    ReplyDelete
  3. "An analog guy in a digital world"...
    Hmmmm...
    Seems I've heard that phrase somewhere before...
    Hah! But Congrats on the blog...
    May it bring you much luck!

    And always remember it's an analog world... people just THINK "the world" has changed. Your songs are sound waves and waves of joy to all!

    As a sometime & former "gap filler" (on a few Valentines days) I can say that beyond slipping on ice wearing a full gorilla head, I had the most wonderful, hilarious, and amazing experiences doing the preppygrams.
    EVERYBODY SHOULD GET ONE!!

    Better than ANY gift at ANY price from ANY store!!!!

    NOTHING BEATS A PREPPYGRAM
    FOR PILES OF SMILES!!
    singned,
    The Frozen Gorilla in the Tux

    ReplyDelete