Monday, February 9, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day -- 2009

Here we go again! My favorite time of the year! Valentine's Day.

This will be my 27th Valentine's Day of personalized "Be My Valentine" singing telegrams.

Fondest memory? February 1995. My wife got pregnant around June of 1994 and the first thing we did after we found out was run to look at the calendar to see the due date: March 21st, the first day of Spring. Whew! We dodged that bullet. After all, can you imagine having a Valentine's Day baby on Daddy's busiest day of the year?

Well, as "luck" would have it, in January my wife developed pre-eclampsia and had to be on bed rest  and hospitalized for the remainder of her pregnancy. The doctor decided that he wasn't going to wait for her March due date, but induce her instead.

"How'd you like to have a Valentine's Day baby?", he asked.

"Don't even think of it", she replied, "My  husband would kill me!"

(The doctor later commented that that was the last thing he ever expected to hear!).

"OK, OK", he said, "We'll wait a few days and then we'll induce." (My Birthday is on the 18th of February and I didn't have a problem with sharing my Birthday with my child.)

But my daughter had other plans. She was coming when she wanted to and didn't care about Dad's business. So on Valentine's Day, February 14th, after a long day of delivering 79 telegrams, guess who goes into labor all on her own? 

Molly was born at around 6 AM the next morning on the 15th; five weeks premature.

You can't make this stuff up!

--Kerry  
Preppygrams


3 comments:

  1. Well I have never heard that story before and you are right ...you can not make that up...it was great...Remember the telegrame you did for my former in-laws on their 50th anniversary..you delivered it yourself in white tails. they loved it ..thanks again even after all these years You do great work and make so many people happy...Loreen

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a cool story, Kerry! Happy Valentine's Day ahead of time.
    XO, Debra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kerry Prep is a Prince of Song. I can't imagine the Valentine who could resist this guy's seductive way with a tune. And--for no extra charge--he'll leave discretely before the romance begins.

    ReplyDelete