Sunday, February 20, 2011

'Gram of the Week (2/7/11- 2/13/11)

Alfred's a romantic.

Alfred wanted to propose to his girlfriend of three years, but wanted to do it in a memorable way.

So Alfred told Giselle he had to go to China on business and could she take him to the airport on Tuesday. Giselle agreed and dropped him off at JFK Airport Tuesday morning. After he was sure she was out of sight, he caught a cab back to his home in Brooklyn and hid out for two days.

On Thursday, Giselle met her family for lunch at Café Venezia on Coney Island Avenue in Brooklyn. Unbeknownst to Giselle, Alfred's Uncle situated himself in the restaurant with a video camera and caught me coming in , approaching the table, and singing all these generalities about Giselle. She's trying to process exactly why I'm there, since it's not her Birthday and it's not Valentine's Day........"and how does he know so much about me?"

Alfred had to stay within earshot of my song, because he gets a special cue to come in. I structure the song so that at the very end of the song, I start to sing:

"Al would like nothing more in life
Than for you to be his wife
So now he's down on bended knee.........."


(at which point Al comes in and gets down on his knee in front of Giselle, while fumbling for the ring in his pocket)

"And he's asking........"

(As a rule, I NEVER pop the question. I tell the client, "YOU do the actual proposing. And it has to rhyme with 'knee,' so when I say 'Now he's down on bended knee, and he's asking......,' your job is to say 'Giselle, will you marry me!' ")

It works every single time!

Tears, hugs, kisses, applause from the patrons in the restaurant.

I love this job! Always a happy occassion!

BTW, she said "Yes!"


Kerry
Preppygrams

No comments:

Post a Comment