Sunday, August 14, 2011

'Gram of the Week (4/11/11 - 4/17/11)

A HATFIELD-McCOY REDUX!

It's the Peluso's vs. the Brennan's. Once Terry (a Brennan) married Lou (a Peluso), the battle was on over which family was better; the Peulso's root for the Mets and watch "Survivor", while the Brennan's like the Yankees and "Modern Family", one family had Irish roots, the other Italian......Their last battle was Christmas Eve and the Brennan's were victorious at THAT confrontation....this time it was Sunday brunch at the 56th Fighter Squadron in Farmingdale. About 40 members of both families were gathered. Appropriately dressed in their team baseball caps and family "colors", the Brennan's were behind hiring me for the "entertainment". I was dressed as a chef and came out of the kitchen to stir up the pot with the Peluso's, claiming they were animals who disrespected my food. Once I started comparing them to the well-behaved Brennan's, THAT's when the hootin' and hollerin' began. The Brennan's were throwing it down and claiming they would prevail once again.

The biggest insult of all -- the song I chose to write to for the Italian Peluso's was "When Irish Eyes Are Smiling", in honor of the Brennan's!

Hey, I know I'm supposed to be the dispassionate observer, but......I AM Irish!

Kerry

No comments:

Post a Comment